As a conscious entrepreneur driven by passion and purpose, I know you don’t do the work for the money. You do the work for The Work. The end is the reward and you are strong in your purpose and clear that what you are doing is the correct professional (and life) path. You love what you do!
But as the old adage goes, love don’t pay the bills. And loving your work doesn’t always result in healthy financial flow in your business. Money (and profit, specifically) is an essential energy to longevity in business. If your business is not earning money (and profit), it becomes a costly, time-intensive hobby and a serious energy drain.
If you love what you do, but the money situation is leaving something to be desired, read on for my best tips for establishing a healthy cash flow in your conscious business.
1) Get focused
Focus is practical magic in business. Scattered services will scatter focus, and scattered focus means less (or slower) growth in business. 80% of your income is the direct result of 20% of your actions —identify those 20% actions and optimize, strategize and repeat. Here is a quick tip for laser focus that boosts the bottom line in your conscious business.
- Aim for a cohesive results-oriented service and / product designed for a specific person, with a specific problem. Simplicity is sexy. Your potential clients get overwhelmed with too many options, confused by technical language and indecisive when faced with a hodge podge of services and products. Narrowing your focus to one, two or three cohesive offers (packages or results-oriented products) will provide a clear “pathway” for the potential client to follow —and that results in happy clients, more income, loads of referrals and repeat business.
Struggling with your business focus? Remember: you can do it all, just not at the same time! Get a simple strategy for generating laser focus right here and and a guide to planning right here.
2) Solve the right problems, for the right people
Cashflow in your business is a signifier that you are in alignment. If your business is solving the right problems, for the right people, and you are doing so in alignment with your soul’s purpose and sacred gifts —then you will thrive. When you know who your potential client is, what problems they have, the problems they’re motivated to solve, and how you provide a unique and irresistible solution…well, that’s the business (and cash flow) sweet spot.
- Figure out who exactly you serve / your business serves, what they need (the problem they have) and how you provide them a unique and irresistible solution (see #2). Then, ask: what methods can my solution take? Where do I want the customer / client to end up? What other problems do they have / will they have that I can also solve?
3) Make it easy, fun, and aligned
One of the easiest ways to increase your income is to fold the BEST of what you offer into a package or series of services that your dream client needs (and will value) that is FUN for you to offer. If you are currently focused on selling one-to-one services, is that what you love? If not, what would be easier, more fun and more aligned? Can you envision a “next level” for the client in your one-on-one services?
- Craft your fun and aligned “next-level” offers for more income and more ease in your business. Explore folding together everything you offer into one high value package (or service, or program) that a small percentage of your dream clients will easily say YES to. Not sure how to do that? Answer the questions below to get started:
:: What do they enjoy about working with you?
:: What benefits are they gaining from your work together?
:: What else do they need (or want) that you can provide?
:: What format can this work take?
4) Make peace with receiving
Are you a Giver? Chances are, the answer to that question is YES! Many of my clients are also Givers (like me) and have trouble receiving. Unconscious beliefs limit their ability to receive and the essence of those beliefs is scarcity. Keeping the money energy flowing in the right way is part of your responsibility as the leader of your business —and being a Giver, or being motivated by service, or being committed to the deeper Why behind your business is exactly why you need to make peace with receiving!
- Eradicate scarcity-thinking and open to abundance. The world needs more business owners committed to prosperity that profits the world. Your work is meaningful, helpful, sacred and necessary. Your work changes people’s lives. Receiving compensation for your work is how you will continue to share it.
Some of the tools I share with clients to overcome blockages to receiving include the below:
5) Take (focused) action
You must be clear on the actions necessary to meet your financial goals for business sustainability, otherwise, your business will not grow. Once you decide on your growth metrics and definition of financial “success,” the natural next step is to ask: how do I earn that? Meeting your income goals and remaining in Financial Ease™ is as easy (and as challenging) as setting a clear financial target, working backwards from that number and committing to taking the actions necessary to reach those goals.
- Clarify your goals then take focused action every day. The practical magic of turning your goals into actual, tangible income involves an understanding of your market and a commitment to a marketing strategy that works for you.
Once you are clear on your financial goals, it is easier to reach those goals. Break your financial goals into service goals, then take focused action every day to meet your daily, weekly and monthly targets.
Ready for the next step? Download the (free) Path to Prosperity for Conscious Entrepreneurs right here.